Home Page About us Forum MIL

Member Register



Miami airport posts 2pc hike in international air freight in 2013

3/31/2014 9:17:05 AM

MIAMI International Airport (MIA), a major hub for American Airlines, has increased its international air freight in 2013 by two per cent year over year at 1.85 million tonnes due to growing high-tech products valued at US$68.5 billion.

Of this amount, 59 per cent was origin/destination freight and the remaining 41 per cent was shipped through MIA in-transit to third-country destinations.

Its O&D freight tonnage increased moderately during 2013 but its commercial value declined two per cent year on year due to Venezuela exports and imports' slump of 32 per cent and slowing global trade.

The airport's top export commodities of high-tech goods were valued at $1.1 billion per month from Latin America and the Caribbean alone. By value its top imports were gold, jewellery and gems, totalling $7.1 billion for the year.

It handled air imports and exports between the US and Latin American/Caribbean region at 85 per cent and 80 per cent respectively.

Its top trading partner by weight during 2013 was Colombia at 240,000 tonnes of goods. By dollar value Brazil was its other top trade partner at $13.2 billion worth of goods.


Asian Shipper News

MIA freight blooms on flower power (4/29/2014 8:42:19 AM)
Cargo up in Miami and Greensboro (11/29/2013 9:00:21 AM)
OOCL Unveils New Vessel (1/16/2013 9:42:42 AM)

Your comment

Email / Name / Tel:
The most comprehensive and easy-to-use global marine weather application
With the Courtesy of Bao Hoang Yachts Co.
Click "HERE" to get your own 30day free trail
or contact Ms Phuong Bui at Vietnam Shipper:
phuongbq@vil.com.vn / 08.39330 148

On its way to develop alternative energy-sources for greener aviation, Airbus is also supporting basic research activities for electric aircraft concepts “eGenius”...
more ...
Which column are you most interested in VietnamShipper?
Very great
Not very great

© 2005 Copyright byVietnam Institute of Logistics/ Vietnam Shipper. All right reserved. --- Contact for Advertisement

25th Floor, Pearl Plaza - 561A Dien Bien Phu Str., Binh Thanh Dist. HCMC - Vietnam - Tel: (+84.8) 3513 6399 - Fax: (+84.8) 3513 6359 - Email: admin@vietnamshipper.com